PoliPsi is the free counselling and psychological and psychotherapeutic support service for students and PhD candidates at the Politecnico di Milano. It employs psychologists and psychotherapists who are experts in relationship dynamics and learning processes and it offers a space in which you can seek advice and receive competent support in times of distress, uncertainty and difficulty related to studies or personal events. Maximum confidentiality and respect for privacy of any data and materials exchanged or collected are guaranteed.
In particular, with the help offered by the service you can:
- deal with difficult situations encountered upon entering academic life (both of an academic or psychological nature);
- improve your academic performance (targeting and refining your chosen academic path, the motivations behind it and the most effective personal and cooperative strategies for achieving your desired results);
- get to know and better understand yourself, others, your most meaningful relationships and the situations that you put yourself in in anticipation of a rich, prestigious and original personal, professional and relational future;
- better cope with your first work placement experiences, in furtherance of internships, apprenticeships and research activities.
Depending on the specific problem, the service offers varying levels of psychological and psychotherapeutic support and counselling.
If you are interested in Educational Psychological Counselling
For career guidance problems, study delays, doubts relating to the academic path taken, etc.). The service offers:
- a seminar on study and learning methodologies;
- 1 to 3 individual sessions in Educational Psychological Counselling with a psychologist with expertise in guidance and teaching methodologies.
Go to the Educational Psychological Counselling service
If you are interested in the Psychological and Psychotherapeutic Support
Also for personal problems. The service offers:
- an Experiential Course on Self-Knowledge and Communication, made up of four online meetings which - every fortnight and in full respect of privacy – engage on oneself reflection and enrich the cycle of individual sessions (which are offered in parallel or immediately after the course);
- a cycle of 8 individual sessions - with a psychotherapist and supervision of the scientific director of the service - which take place on a weekly basis and are offered in parallel or at the end of the experiential course.
Go to the Psychological and Psychotherapeutic Support service
If you are interested in PoliPsi Experiential Workshops
On specific topics (awareness and management of emotions and self-esteem, self-image, interpersonal skills and soft skills, personality and individual differences, also with reference to specific methodologies such as mindfulness...).
Go to PoliPsi Laboratories [link soon available]
The services can be requested at any time - after registering and in full compliance with the privacy legislation - by accessing the PoliPsi application from your personal page of the Online Services.
Furthermore, an online meeting is scheduled every month for students and PhD candidates to present the PoliPsi service and its initiatives, organized by Prof. Licia Sbattella, Rector’s Delegate for Psychological Distress and Scientific Director of PoliPsi.
Find out the next dates and register for the presentation meeting of the PoliPsi Service using this form:
All meeting will foresee a session in Italian (5.30 – 6.15 pm) and one in English (6.15 – 7.00 pm)
For teaching, technical and administrative staff, the CUG has a help desk for issues of work-related stress. A psychological counselling service is also available for staff and members of the supplementary healthcare scheme Insieme Salute; for more information, visit the PoliMI People Care section of the Online Services.
- World mental health day
- Educational psychological counselling
- Psychotherapeutic support
- PoliPsi Experiential Labs
- Special help desk for stalking victims: email@example.com
- Seminars on study, learning and work techniques
- Experiential courses and workshops on specific topics (self-knowledge and communication, personality and individual differences, management of emotions, self-esteem and self-image, interactions and relationships, soft skills etc.)
For undergraduates and PhD students
Please remember that an online meeting is scheduled every month for students and PhD candidates to present the PoliPsi service and its initiatives, organized by Prof. Licia Sbattella, Rector’s Delegate for Psychological Distress and Scientific Director of PoliPsi (see above).
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org
To request the service, please register in the PoliPsi Platform available in your Online services.
For Teaching, Technical and Administrative Staff
Listening and Work-related Distress Counselling Desk: email@example.com
PoliMi People Care: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com