NRRP-MUSA Project - Identity and wellbeing
As part of the actions promoted by Politecnico di Milano on mental health, the university is taking part in the NRRP-MUSA - IDENTITY AND WELLBEING project, which aims to implement and promote actions aimed at self-awareness and awareness of others, communication, cooperation, expression and wellbeing for young people aged between 18 and 30, with particular reference to the university student population. In addition to that already offered by the university and the PoliPsi service, described below, the project also envisages pathways of innovative psychological and clinical support, interactive seminars and workshops, inclusive performance events, climate surveys and training for professors and technical-administrative staff.
You can see here all the initiatives already underway - such as the Experiential Workshops for students and PhD students - and those planned for the coming months
PoliPsi is the free counselling and psychological and psychotherapeutic support service for students and PhD candidates at the Politecnico di Milano. It has a team of experts (psychologists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists) in relational dynamics and learning processes. The service offers a place to confront and receive competent support in moments of discomfort, inherent to the personal and academic sphere. Maximum confidentiality and respect for privacy of any data and materials exchanged or collected are guaranteed.
It will be possible to grant the request for an extension of their years of study to students registered with the PoliPsi service who have requested it from the Registrar's Office (attaching the necessary certifications), only after an appropriate check of career, exams, loss of student status, and after a consultation with Professor Licia Sbattella.
In particular, with the help offered by the service you can:
- deal with difficult situations encountered upon entering academic life (both of an academic or psychological nature);
- improve your academic performance (targeting and refining your chosen academic path, the motivations and the reasons behind it and the most effective personal and cooperative strategies for achieving your desired results);
- get to know and better understand yourself, others, your most meaningful relationships and the situations that you put yourself in in anticipation of a rich, prestigious and original personal, professional and relational future;
- better cope with your first work placement experiences, in furtherance of internships, apprenticeships and research activities.
Depending on the specific problem, the service offers varying levels of psychological and psychotherapeutic support and counselling.
If you are interested in Educational Psychological Counselling
For difficulties in the academic sphere (study method, organisation, motivation, anxiety, delayed studies, doubts about choice) the service offers:
- a seminar on study and learning methodologies;
- 1 to 3 individual sessions in Educational Psychological Counselling with a psychologist with expertise in guidance and teaching methodologies.
If you are interested in the Psychological and Psychotherapeutic Support
For difficulties, also of a personal nature, the service offers:
- an Experiential Course on Self-Knowledge and Communication, made up of four online meetings which - every fortnight and in full respect of privacy – engage on oneself reflection and enrich the cycle of individual sessions (which are offered in parallel or immediately after the course);
- a cycle of 8 individual sessions - with a psychotherapist and supervision of the scientific director of the service - which take place on a weekly basis and are offered in parallel or at the end of the experiential course.
If you are interested in PoliPsi Experiential Workshops
On specific topics (awareness and management of emotions and self-esteem, self-image, interpersonal skills and soft skills, personality and individual differences, also with reference to specific methodologies such as mindfulness...).
Go to PoliPsi Laboratories [link soon available]
The services can be requested at any time - after registering and in full compliance with the privacy legislation - by accessing the PoliPsi application from your personal page of the Online Services.
For teaching, technical and administrative staff, the CUG has a help desk for issues of work-related stress. A psychological counselling service is also available for staff and members of the supplementary healthcare scheme Insieme Salute; for more information, visit the PoliMI People Care section of the Online Services.
- Seminars on study, learning and work techniques
- Experiential courses and workshops on specific topics (self-knowledge and communication, personality and individual differences, management of emotions, self-esteem and self-image, interactions and relationships, soft skills etc.)
For undergraduates and PhD students
To request the service, please register in the PoliPsi Platform available in your Online services.
For Teaching, Technical and Administrative Staff
Listening and Work-related Distress Counselling Desk: email@example.com
PoliMi People Care: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com